Designation : Assistant Professor
Neurological Society of India
1. Amalakanti S, Syed S. True “costs” of neurological illness in human immunodeficiency virus patients in a “free” health facility. Indian J Med Sci, doi: 10.25259/IJMS_285_2020.
2. Uttarilli A, Amalakanti S, Kommoju PR, Sharma S, Goyal P, Manjunath GK, Upadhayay V, Parveen A, Tandon R, Prasad KS, Dakal TC, Ben Shlomo I, Yousef M, Neerathilingam M, Kumar A. Super-rapid race for saving lives by developing COVID-19 vaccines. J Integr Bioinform. 2021 Mar 25;18(1):27-43. doi: 10.1515/jib-2021-0002. PMID: 33761582; PMCID: PMC8035961.
3. Amalakanti S, Bhat UA, Mylavarapu MB, Khandelwal N, Sundarachary NV, Chakravarty S, Kumar A. Gene Expression Analysis Identifies Cholesterol Metabolism Dysregulation in Hippocampus of Phenytoin-Resistant Pentylenetetrazol-Kindled Epileptic Mice. Neuromolecular Med. 2021 Feb 18. doi: 10.1007/s12017-021-08648-0. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33604751.
4. Amalakanti S, Raman Arepalli KV, Koppolu RK. Gender and occupation predict Coronavirus Disease 2019 knowledge, attitude and practices of a cohort of a South Indian state population. Indian J Med Microbiol 2020;38:144-51
5. Sridhar A, Rao T. Alcohol, Smoking and Chewing Tobacco-Risk factors for Malaria and Dengue Transmission?–A Case Control Study. American Journal of Medical and Natural Sciences. 2020 Jul 22;1(1):6-13.
6. Sridhar A, Sundarachary N. Evaluation of Triton Ziehl Neelsen Technique in the Detection of Intracellular Tuberculosis bacilli in Sputum. American Journal of Medical and Natural Sciences. 2020 Jul 22;1(1):1-5.
7. Amalakanti S, Kurukundu A. Association between dietary pickle intake and stroke: A case control study. Clinical Nutrition Experimental. 2019 Oct 1;27:37-40.
8. Nagarjunakonda S, Amalakanti S, Gollapudi S. Neurological Emergencies in HIV Infected Individuals at a Tertiary Hospital. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India. 2018 Oct;66:14.
9. Amalakanti S, Gajula KS. Clinical features vary by the etiology of meningitis in HIV seropositive patients: A four year study from a tertiary hospital in India. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 2017 Aug 12.
10. Nagarjunakonda S, Amalakanti S, Dhishana SR, Ramaiah M, Rajanala L. GC-MS Analysis of Indrakeeladri Native Medicine used in the Treatment of Stroke. Pharmacognosy Journal. 2017 Jan 1;9(1).
11. Nagarjunakonda S, Amalakanti S, Uppala V, Bolla HB, Daggumati R, Lavu H, Devanaboina AK. High Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency in Chronic Non‐specific Musculoskeletal Pain. Musculoskeletal Care. 2016 Jan 1.
12. Nagarjunakonda S, Amalakanti S, Uppala V, Gajula RK, Tata RS, Bolla HB, Rajanala L, Athina S, Daggumati R, Lavu H, Devanaboina AK. Mobile phones and seizures: drug-resistant epilepsy is less common in mobile-phone-using patients. Postgraduate medical journal. 2016 Jun 6:postgradmedj-2016.
13. Amalakanti, S., Nagarjunakonda, S., Uppala, V., Gajula, R. K., Potharlanka, M. G. K., Rajanala, L., … & Daggumati, R. (2015). Stroke: Changing Risk Factor Profile and Unaltered Mean Age in a Developing Country. A Retrospective Study and Literature Review. European Neurology, 75(5-6), 229-235.
14. Amalakanti S, Pentakota MR. Pulse oximetry overestimates oxygen saturation in COPD. Respiratory care. 2016 Apr 1;61(4):423-7.
15. Nagarjunakonda S, Amalakanti S, Uppala V, Rajanala L, Athina S. Vitamin D in epilepsy: vitamin D levels in epilepsy patients, patients on antiepileptic drug polytherapy and drug-resistant epilepsy sufferers. European journal of clinical nutrition. 2016 Jan 1;70(1):140-2.
16. Sridhar Amalakanti, Gandhi Venkata Viswanadh Manchu, Trivikrama Rao Mopidevi & BalaKasi Naik Bukke. (2016). Influence of skin color in dengue and malaria: A case control study. International Journal of Mosquito Research, 3(4), 50-52.
17. Amalakanti, Sridhar. Neurological symptoms in dengue fever: A cross sectional observational study. J Pharm Biol Sci. 2017 Mar 1.
18. Amalakanti S, Nagarjunakonda S. Sniffing ‘infection odour’: A cross sectional study of odours from patients with infectious disease. Int Journal of Clinical Skills 2016;10(2), 26-30.
19. Uppala, Veeramma, Sridhar Amalakanti, and Ashok Kumar. Clinical, electrophysiological and pathological evaluation of limb girdle weakness. Asian Pac. J. Health Sci 2016;3(4),184-188.
20. Yashodhara, P., et al. “Vanishing Weakness and Persistent Cardiac Dysrhythmia: Are We Dealing with Andersen Tawil Syndrome?.” The Indian Journal of Pediatrics: 1-3.
21. Sridhar, A. “Myasthenics of guntur.”Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences 2.4 (2013): 245.
22. Rajeshwari GK, Rao CB, Sundarachary NV, Ali SM, Kalyani JS, Sridhar A. Guillain–Barré syndrome in a patient with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus. The National Medical Journal of India. 2016 Jan 1;29(1):14.
23. Nagarjunakonda S, Amalakanti S, Siddabathuni A, Pantagada N. Bacterial flora of the migraine nose: Pilot case–control study of nasal bacteria in migraine headache. J Med Sci 2017;37:186-9
24. Amalakanti S, Nagarjunakonda S, Dhishana SR (2017) Lupus of the Heart: Case Report and Pathogenesis Review. J Cardiol Clin Res 5(6): 1119
25. Sridhar Amalakanti. “Recent Advances in Epilepsy”. EC Neurology 5.1 (2017): 07-13.
26. Gajula RK, Thota N, Bhuma V, et al. The spectrum of inflammatory demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system. J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2016; 3(14), 503-506. DOI: 10.18410/jebmh/2016/115
27. Rao, P. Mohan, et al. “Case Report: Situs inversus totalis with azoospermia in a patient presenting with liver abscess.” J Clin Sci Res 3 (2014): 138-40.
28. Sundarachary, N. V., and A. Sridhar. “A cryptic message in the brain.”Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology 16.4 (2013): 737.
29. Rao, P. M., and A. Sridhar. “First, the flow stopped, then the hair grew and finally, the legs gave away: A case of adrenal carcinoma with paraneoplastic myelopathy.”Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences 2.1 (2013): 47.
30. Sundarachari, N. V., et al. “Let us Open Our Eyes to Swallow an Imported Lyme: A Case of Lyme Disease.”Journal of Case Reports 3.1 (2013): 183-185.
31. Sundarachary, N. V., and A. Sridhar. “Helpless he came to us, now the hopeless go to him: A case of parathyroid adenoma.” Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences 3.3 (2014): 183.
32. Sundarachary, N. V., et al. “A young lady with an intriguing limp: Solitary neurofibroma of the femoral nerve.” Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences 3.4 (2014): 270.
33. Sundarachari, N. V., A. Sridhar, and V. P. Lakshmi. “Rare yet treatable: Hypothyroid myopathy (Hoffman’s syndrome).”Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences 2.3 (2013): 203.
34. Sundarachari, N. V., A. Sridhar, and B. Manohar. “Congenital myasthenic syndrome: A common disease; in rare age group.”Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences 3.2 (2014): 142.
35. Sundarachary NV, Sridhar A. Prospective and retrospective study of lateral medullary syndrome. J Clin Sci Res 2015;4:
36. Sundarachary NV, Sridhar A. A prospective and retrospective study of cases of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy. J Clin Sci Res 2015;4:
37. Injeti BS, Chanda SR, Kesanakurthi MV, Duttaluru SS, Amalakanti S. Spine Injury, Cervical Spine, Trauma, Neurosurgery. Clinical profile of traumatic cervical spine injuries in a tertiary care government hospital in south india. 2016 jul 16(94763).
38. Injeti Babji Syam Kumar, N Subramaniam, K V V S N Murthy, A Sridhar. Prospective analysis of CNS tumor spectrum: A single centre experience in South India.jdms. 2016 Aug 15;8(10) :36-39
39. Kumar IB, Rao TV, Sridhar A, Snehalatha K. Better outcome of head injuries in a strategically designed trauma care center. J NTR Univ Health Sci 2016;5:210-4
Editorial Board Member for EC Neurology