Pediatric Covid-19 management Training Module- AIIMS Mangalagiri
(PCTM AIIMS-MG) “HANDS ON” – Training Program
- As an initiative for preparedness for 3rd wave of COVID, this training program was planned and executed under the able guidance and leadership of Honourable Director, AIIMS, Mangalagiri.
- This training program was conducted by Department of Pediatrics, in view of much anticipated possibility of increase in pediatric patients during 3rd wave of COVID pandemic.
- The training program started with a webinar titled ‘PEDICOVINAR’ on 25th June, 2021. Basic concepts Pediatric COVID-19 infection were discussed. Pediatric COVID-19 topics that were covered during the webinar include Epidemiology, Clinical Presentation, Lab diagnosis, Severity Assessment, Management and MISC syndrome.
- Pediatric COVID-19 management Training Module- AIIMS Mangalagiri (PCTM AIIMS-MG) “HANDS ON” – Training of Trainers (TOT) was conducted for imparting necessary skills required to manage COVID-19 pediatric patients. This training program was conducted by the faculties and residents of Dept of Pediatrics. Subsequent training sessions were conducted for other nursing officers in small batches from July to September 2021. These sessions were conducted by Nursing trainers under the supervision of Faculties and residents of Dept of Pediatrics.
- All nursing officers of AIIMS Mangalagiri were trained regarding identification of sick children, evaluation and management of pediatric patients with COVID-19
The entire faculty team ‘PEDICOVINAR & ‘PCTM’ Training Program with Honourable Director of AIIMS, Mangalagiri, Prof. Dr. Mukesh Tripathi
Honourable Director Prof. Dr. Mukesh Tripathi congratulated and felicitated the entire team of faculty and staff who conducted the PCTM workshop: Chairperson- Dr. Arun Babu T, Addl Prof and HOD, Course Coordinator – Dr. Rachna Pasi, Assistant Professor, Faculty resource person – Dr. Diptirekha Satapathy, Assistant Professor, Other resource persons – Dr. Rakesh P, Senior Resident & Dr. Bindhu V, Senior Resident
Out of 105 nursing officers who were trained, out of whom, 93 fulfilled the certification criteria based on Post-test OSCE and were certified successfully.
The nursing trainers for the training Modules: Nagadesi Sirisha, Nursing Officer, Nighila K T, Nursing Officer, Kanimozhi B, Nursing Officer, Vaibhava R, Nursing Officer, Samhitha J, Nursing Officer, Arvind Joshi, Nursing Officer, Athira A, Nursing Officer.