The aim of the event was to educate healthcare professionals and the public that the protection and promotion of breastfeeding is a team work and it’s a shared responsibility of all of us.
The following events were conducted.
- Inauguration of “World Breastfeeding week 2021” celebration and release of theme for World Breastfeeding Week 2021 by Prof. Dr Mukesh Tripathi, Director and CEO, AIIMS, Mangalagiri.
- Health talks:
Target audience- antenatal and postnatal mothers and their family members, other OPD patients, MBBS students, hospital staff.
Health education was given on the following topics.
- Importance and advantages of breastfeeding
- Maintenance of oral hygiene in breastfed babies
- Preparation of antenatal women for successful breastfeeding
- Training of Nursing officers on breastfeeding counselling during COVID pandemic.
- E-poster competition for medical students, nursing students and nursing officers.
- Role-play on breastfeeding awareness.