REPORT ON WORLD HEARING DAY
Organising Department: Department of ENT
The World Hearing Day was organised by the department of ENT on 3rd March 2022. The theme for this year was ‘To hear for life, Listen with care’. Various activities were undertaken by the department to mark the occasion.
- Awareness program by the department of ENT
a. To spread awareness regarding safe ear practices and harmful effects of noise pollution
b. To understand the importance of the newborn hearing screening and the risk factors associated with childhood deafness.
a. Patients and their attendants attending Aiims Mangalagiri OPD
b. Construction workers
- Dr. Satvinder Singh Bakshi
- Dr. Seepana Ramesh
- Dr. Soumyajit Das
- Mrs Rajkumari S
- Education material on newborn hearing screening and noise induced hearing loss were released by Honorable Director, Dr. Mukesh Tripathi in presence and Dr. Joy A Ghosal (Dean). The material will be helpful for the general public and will help raise awareness on various aspects of ear care.
- Display of educational material prepared by medical students in the OPD reception and ENT department. The posters were informative and helped spread the message of ear care amongst the general population.
- Focussed audiological and otologic screening of construction workers in the ENT OPD was carried out.