Designation : Assistant Professor
MBBS(2010) from Bangalore Medical College and research Institute,
European Vision and Eye research fellowship(2014) in Inherited optic neuropathy from Cardiff University, UK,
Royal college of Ophthalmology fellowship(2016)in Diabetic Retinopathy and Cataract from Ipswich Hospital, UK,
Vitreo- retina fellowship(2018) from Aravind eye hospital, Pondicherry
Genetic eye diseases
Member of All India Ophthalmological Society
Vitreo-retinal Society of India
Pondicherry Ophthalmic Association member
Member of European Association for Vision and Eye Research
Best video –VRSI – 2017
XVIII Madras Ophthalmic Conference Gold medal in Post-graduation (M.S Ophthalmology) – 2013
Best Out –Going student, BMCRI – 2004-2009
All India Physicians of India -Gold medal for securing highest marks in MBBS in the state – 2009
Rajiv Gandhi University Gold Medal instituted by Dr. S Sivanappa for securing the highest marks in final year MBBS – 2009
Rajiv Gandhi University Gold Medal instituted by Jagadguru Dr. Sri Sri Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Maha Swamigalu for securing the highest marks in final year MBBS – 2009
Rajiv Gandhi University Gold Medal instituted by Mrs. Umamurthy for securing the highest marks from first to final year MBBS – 2009
Rajiv Gandhi University Gold Medal instituted by Dr. M V Jayaraman for securing the highest marks from first to final year MBBS – 2009
Meritorious cash award by The Canara Bank Relief And Welfare Society – 2009
Gold Medal in Paediatrics, BMCRI – 2009
Gold Medal in Obstetrics and Gynecology, BMCRI – 2009
Gold Medal in Ophthalmolgy, BMCRI – 2009
Gold Medal in Otorhinolaryngology, BMCRI – 2008
Postgraduate textbook of ophthalmology (Under publication): Trials in AMD; Ocular syphilis
1. Kaliaperumal S, Pratyusha G. Star Cell Tumor. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2014 Jan-Feb;51(1):10-1.
2. Detection of Retinal Changes in Patients on Long Term Chloroquine/Hydroxy Chloroquine Therapy Using Optical Coherence Tomography. Ganne P, Ahuja S, Negi VS. J Clin Toxicol 2014, 4:3
3. Ganne P, Garrioch R, Votruba M. Perceptions and understanding of genetics and genetic eye disease and attitudes to genetic testing and gene therapy in a primary eye care setting. Ophthalmic Genet. 2015 Mar;36(1):50-7.
4. Pratyusha G, Votruba M. Retinal changes in a patient with acquired partial lipodystrophy (Laignel-Lavastine and Viard Syndrome). Acta Ophthalmol. 2015 Nov;93(7):e598-9.
5. Ganne P, Babu R, Mohan Girija G. Conjunctival Rhinosporidiosis. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015 Jan;133(1):39.
6. Chloroquine retinopathy. Ganne P, Srinivasan R. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015 May;133(5):603-4.
7. Srinivasan R, Ganne P.Endogenous Panophthalmitis and Diabetes: A case series. International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries. 2015;35:378-380
8. A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of the benzoquinone idebenone in a mouse model of OPA1-related dominant optic atrophy reveals a limited therapeutic effect on retinal ganglion cell dendropathy and visual function. Smith TG, Seto S, Ganne P, Votruba M. Neuroscience. 2016 Apr 5;319:92-106.
9. Baskaran P, Ganne P.Lens capsular flap transplantation in the management of refractory macular hole from multiple etiologies. Correspondence Retina. 2016;36(10):pe102-103
10. Baskaran P, Ganne P, Bhandari S, Ramakrishnan S, Venkatesh R, Gireesh P.Extraocular needle- guided haptic insertion technique of scleral fixationintraocular lens surgeries (X-NIT). Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017 Aug;65(8):747-750.
11. Baskaran P, Ganne P, Ramakrishnan S, Krishnappa NC. Extraocular Technique of Intrascleral Intraocular Lens Fixation Using a Pair of the Shaft-Bended 27-Gauge Needles. Correspondence. Retina. 2017 Jun;37(6):e83-e84.
12. Ramakrishnan S, Ganne P, Krishnappa NC, Baskaran P. Descemet-strippingendothelial keratoplasty and flange technique of scleral fixation of intraocular lens: Making it easier and safer. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2017Sep;43(9):1238-1239.
13. Ganne P, Krishnappa NC, Baskaran P, Sulaiman SM, Venkatesh R. Retinal laser
14. and photography practice eye model: A Cost-Effective Innovation to Improve Training Through Simulation. Retina. 2017 Oct 5. Doi:10.1097/IAE.0000000000001885
15. Baskaran P, Ganne P, Krishnappa NC. Inverted internal limiting membrane flap technique formacular hole surgery without extra manipulation of the flap.. Correspondence. Retina.2017 Sep;37(9):e102-103
16. Ganne P, Baskaran P, Krishnappa NC. Re: Yamane et al.: Flanged intrascleral intraocular lens fixation with double-needle technique Ophthalmology. 2017 Dec;124(12):e90-e91
17. Nagesha CK, Ganne P. Occult Optic Disc Pit Maculopathy in a Glaucomatous Disc. Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol. 2017 Jul-Sep;24(3):165-166.
18. Baskaran P, Ganne P, Krishnappa NC. Perfluoro-n-octane mimicking an intraocular foreign body. GMS Ophthalmol Cases. 2017 Dec 15;7:Doc30
19. Ganne P, Krishnappa NC. Congenital retinal macrovessels. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018 Jan;66(1):129.
20. Krishnappa NC, Ganne P. ParaproteinemicMaculopathy in a 63-Year-Old Man. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2018 Aug 1;136(8):944-945
21. Krishnappa NC, Ganne P. Bilateral multifocal choroidal osteoma with choroidal neovascular membrane. DJO, 2018, Volume 25, number 1
22. Baskaran P, Chokahalli N, Ganne P. Foveal simple hamartoma of retinal pigment epithelium. TNOA J Ophthalmic Sci Res 2018;56:249-50
23. Ganne P, Dhoble P. Diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis. Oman J Ophthalmol 2019;12:59-61
24. Nagesha C K, Ganne P. Combined parafoveal telangiectasia, multifocal central serous chorioretinopathy, and choroidal hemangioma. Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol 2019;26:49-51
25. Sindal MD, Ganne P. Primary choroidal vitiligo. DJO, 2018, Volume 24, Number 3
26. Damagatla M, Ganne P, Upparakadiyala R, N P. Ross Syndrome. Neuroophthalmology. 2019 Dec 12;44(3):201-20
27. Ganne P, Krishnappa NC, Velis G. Spontaneous closure of a large traumatic macular hole. Oman J Ophthalmol 2020;13:98-9
28. Nagesha C K, Fazal R, Ganne P. Persistent macular detachment after successful macular hole closure and its management in an emmetropic eye. Oman J Ophthalmol 2020;13:167-8