Designation : Professor
MBBS (1995) from Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore,
MS in General Surgery (2000) from Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College & Hospital, Kolar.
DNB in General Surgery (2007) from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
MNAMS in General Surgery (2009) from National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
FACS in General Surgery (2007) from American College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA.
FAIS in General Surgery (2006) from Association of Surgeons of India.
FICS in General Surgery (2007) from International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA.
FMAS in Minimally Invasive Surgery (2007) from Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
FACRSI in Colon & Rectal Surgery (2006) from Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India.
Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery, Colon & Rectal Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Pelvic Floor Disorders, Motility Disorders, Global Surgery, Rural Surgery, Medical Law & Ethics, Medical Education
Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (IAGES), since 2002
Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), since 2003
Association of Surgeons of Rural India (ASRI), since 2003
Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI), since 2003
Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India (ACRSI), since 2003
Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons (IAES), since 2003
Indian Thyroid Society (ITS), since 2003
American College of Surgeons (ACS), since 2007
International College of Surgeons (ICS), since 2007
Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), since 2008
International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA), since 2009
Indian Medical Association (IMA), since 2011
Indian Association of Traumatology and Critical Care (IATCC), since 2011
International Surgical Society (ISS), since 2012
Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG), since 2013
Indian Chapter of International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association, since 2013
Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO), since 2013
Indian Society of Oncology (ISO), since 2013
World Society of the Abdominal Compartment Syndrome (WSACS), since 2014
World Society of Emergency Surgery (WSES), since 2015
Indian Society of Trauma and Acute Care (ISTAC), since 2019
Indian Society for Pelvic Floor Disorders, since 2021
Course Director, Advanced Trauma &Life Support (ATLS) course of the American College of Surgeons
Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgery Travelling Fellowship, 2003
Gyan Burman Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery Fellowship, 2007
Asian Surgical Association Clinical Fellowship in HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation, 2009
Travelling Fellowship of the Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India, 2016
Annual oration of the Indian Association of Traumatology & Critical Care, 2017
1) Mohan R (2016) Benign tumors of the Anorectum. In N.A.Chowdri&F.Q.Parray (Eds), Benign Anorectal Disorders: A guide to diagnosis and management. DOI 10.1007/97881-322-2589-8_15. India: Springer.
2) Mohan R, Noronha W, Kumar V (2019) Initial assessment in Trauma. In, Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) Guidelines for Surgical Emergencies, (Published online).
3) Mohan R, Lobo L, Kumar N (2021) Chapter on Genito-Urinary Trauma, in ‘Textbook of Emergency Medicine including Intensive Care & Trauma’, 2nd Edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Ltd, New Delhi.
4) ACRSI Practice Guidelines for Fissure in Ano (2021), (in press).
5) Rozario AA, Mohan R, Sunny A (2021), Anatomy of Colon & Rectum, in ‘ACRSI Text Book of Colorectal Surgery’, (in press).
1) Coccolini, F., Kluger, Y., Moore, E.E. et al. Trauma quality indicators: internationally approved core factors for trauma management quality evaluation. World J EmergSurg 16, 6 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-021-00350-7
2) Manju M, Ghosh A, Pal R, Quiñones-Ossa GA, Mohan R, Agrawal A. Principles and practices of biosafety: Expanding and extending to food safety and food supply chain. Environ Dis 2021;6:31-7
3) Cobianchi, L., Dal Mas, F., Massaro, M. et al. Team dynamics in emergency surgery teams: results from a first international survey. World J EmergSurg 16, 47 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-021-00389-6
4) Kumar, S., Gupta, A., Sagar, S. et al. Management of Blunt Solid Organ Injuries: the Indian Society for Trauma and Acute Care (ISTAC) Consensus Guidelines. Indian J Surg 83, 3–41 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12262-021-02820-3
5) Modi JN, Ghosh A, Pal R, Mohan R, Moscote-Salazar LR, Wakode S, Agrawal A. Potential complications and sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Indian J Respir Care 2021;10:4-9
6) Agrawal A, Mohan R, Mishra R, Moscote-Salazar LR, Florez-Perdomo WA. Letter to the Editor Regarding “A Bibliographic Analysis of the Most Cited Articles in Global Neurosurgery”. World Neurosurg. 2021 Jan;145:533-534. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2020.08.196.
7) Murlimanju BV, Mishra R, Mohan R, Kosagi S, Agrawal A. Letter to the Editor Regarding: “A Surprise Sabbatical: How Mayo Clinic Neurosurgery Coped with Coronavirus Disease 2019”. World Neurosurg. 2020 Dec;144:328-329. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2020.08.156.
8) Amico F, Anning R, Bendinelli C, et al. Grade III blunt splenic injury without contrast extravasation-World Society of Emergency Surgery Nijmegen consensus practice. World J Emerg Surg. 2020;15:46. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-020-00319-y.
9) R Agarwalla, R Mohan, V Shetty. Bilateral Primary Testicular Lymphoma: A Case Report. International Journal of Surgery Research and Practice. 2020; 7 (1): B1-E.
10) Coccolini F, Kobayashi L, Kluger Y, et al. Duodeno-pancreatic and extrahepatic biliary tree trauma: WSES-AAST guidelines. World J Emerg Surg. 2019;14:56. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-019-0278-6.
11) A Hazari, R Mohan. Does Serum Testosterone Levels in Postmenopausal Women Have An Effect on Developing Carcinoma Breast: A Case Control Study. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS). 2019; 13 (3): 26-33.
12) Sugrue M, Coccolini F, Bucholc M, et al. Intra-operative gallbladder scoring predicts conversion of laparoscopic to open cholecystectomy: a WSES prospective collaborative study. World J EmergSurg 14, 12 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-019-0230-9.
13) Coccolini F, Moore E.E, Kluger Y, et al. Kidney and uro-trauma: WSES-AAST guidelines. World J Emerg Surg. 2019;14: 54. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-019-0274-x.
14) R Mohan, SB Siraj, GS Anantharaju. Predicting postoperative outcomes utilizing a scoring system based on operative findings during Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: A prospective study. HPB 2018;20 (I 2), B S746-E.
15) SK Shravya, PB Shubha, R Mohan, K Sajitha. Microcystic Serous Cystadenoma of Pancreas Presenting With Chronic Diarrhea. Nitte University Journal of Health Sciences. 2018; 8 (I 3), 45-9.
16) R Mohan, S Naik, GS Anatharaju. Utilization of the flexible adult bronchoscope for performing intraoperative choledochoscopy during open common bile duct exploration for choledocholithiasis: a cost effective utilization of resources. HPB 2016;18 (1), B e595E.
17) R Mohan, S Naik, GS Anantharaju. Management of pancreatic pseudocysts due to acute pancreatitis by percutaneous aspiration: Early intervention can minimize need for cystoenterostomy. HPB 2016;18 (I 1), B e322-E.
18) Shetty P, Patil VS, Mohan R, D’souza LC, Bargale A, Patil B R, Dinesh US, VikramHaridas V, Kulkarni SP. Annexin A2 and its downstream IL-6 and HB-EGF as secretory biomarkers in the differential diagnosis of Her-2 negative breast cancer. Ann ClinBiochem. 2017; 54 (4), 463-471.
19) Chouhan S, Singh S, Athavale D, Ramteke P, Pandey V, Joseph J, Mohan R, Shetty PK, Bhat MK. Glucose induced activation of canonical Wnt signaling pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma is regulated by DKK4. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27558. doi:10.1038/srep27558.
20) Mohan R. Patterned bruise caused by an automobile tyre: an accurate guide to the mechanism of injury. S Afr J Surg 2016;54:49-50.
21) Shetty P, Bargale A, Patil BR, Mohan R, Dinesh US, Vishwanatha JK, Gai PB, Patil VS, Amsavardani TS. Cell surface interaction of annexin A2 and galectin-3 modulates epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in Her-2 negative breast cancer cells. Mol Cell Biochem. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;411:221-33.
22) Chandrika V, Permi HS, Kishan Prasad HL, Mohan R, Shetty KJ, Patil C. Synchronous bilateral medullary carcinoma of breast: Is it metastasis or second primary?. J Can Res Ther 2012;8:129-31.
23) D’souza C, Mohan R, Bhagavan KR. Giant pseudocyst of the spleen. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2012;6:110-2.
24) Mohan R, Rao S, Benjamin M, Bhagavan KR. Accidental ingestion of a barbed wire broach and its endoscopic retrieval: prevention better than cure. Indian J Dent Res 2011;839-42.
25) Girisha BS, Shenoy MM, Mathias M, Mohan R. Glomus tumor of the nail: Indian J Dermatol 2011;56:583-4.
26) Permi HS, Veena S, Kishan Prasad HL, Kumar YS, Mohan R, Shetty KJ. Subcutaneous human dirofilariasis due to Dirofilariasis Repens – report of two cases. J Global Infect Dis 2011;3:199-201.
27) Mohan R, Ram DU, Baba YS, Shetty A, Bhandary S. Transabdominal impalement: Absence of visceral or vascular injury a rare possibility. J Emerg Med 2011;41:495-8.
28) D’souza C, Bhagavan KR, Sunil H, Mohan R. Unusual case of subacute intestinal obstruction due to eosinophilic enteritis with enteroliths. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2010;3:83-5.
29) Mohan R, Bhandary S, Shenoy M, Sali AR. Post traumatic ectopic nail. J Postgrad Med 2006;52:218.