Designation : Associate Professor
MBBS (2006) from TN Dr MGR Medical University,
MD in Anatomy (2011) from AIIMS, New Delhi.
Member in Society of Clinical Anatomists (SOCA)
Member in Tamilnadu state chapter Association of Anatomists
1. SankaranPK*1,2,GunapriyaR3,YuvarajMF3,SivaT2,KumaresanM3,PriyadharshiniA3, KarthikeyanG3,SenthilMurugan.AMPA receptor localization in trigeminal ganglion and its upregulation in migraine. 2019. Int. J.Res. Pharm. Sci.,10(3),2209-2212
2. SankaranPK*1,2,GunapriyaRaghunath3,JoyGhoshal1,YuvarajMariaFrancis3,SivaT4, KumaresanM3,Karthikeyan3,NandhaKumar.Effects of Riluzole on Nr2B subunits of NMDA receptors in rat migraine model. Int. J.Res. Pharm. Sci.,2019; 10(3),2242-2245.
3. P. K. Sankaran1, Gunapriya Raghunath2, Yuvaraj2, T. Siva3, M. Kumaresan2, A. Priyadharshini2, G. Karthikeyan2, Senthil Murugan. Localization of GluR1 subunits of α-amino-3-hydroxy-5methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptors in rat migraine model. Drug Invention Today,2019; 11(11)2742
4. P. K. Sankaran, Gunapriya Raghunath, Jeeva Priya, Maria Francis Yuvaraj, T. Siva, M. Kumaresan, G. Karthikeyan, A. Priyadharshini. Actions of riluzole on GluR5 subunit of kainate receptors in rat migraine model. 2019, Drug Invention Today, 11(10) 2481
5. Siva T, Girija Sivakumar , Sankaran PK , Yuvaraj Maria Francis , Gayathri T , Lakshmi Thangavelu , Karunakaran Balaji. Hepatoprotective effect of vitamin A and E on diclofenac-induced hepatotoxicity in male Wistar albino rats. Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci., 2019, 10(3), 1660-1666.
6. Siva T, Girija Sivakumar , Sankaran PK , Yuvaraj Maria Francis , Gayathri T , Kumaresan M , Karunakaran Balaji. Antioxidant effects of vitamin E on diclofenac-induced hepatotoxicity in male rats. Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci., 2019, 10(3), 1667-1674.
7. Sankaran P K, Jyoti P K, Sarah R, Joy AG and Ganesh S. Surgically Important Uncommon Tetrafurcation of Coeliac Trunk. Human Anat 2019, 3(1): 000138.
8. Joy A Ghoshal , P K Sankaran , Tarun prakash Manrya3 , Vinay Vishwakarma4 , R Manivarshini 5 , Raghavi N Malepati. Bilateral Agenesis of Palmaris Longus –A Case Report and its Clinical Significance. International Journal of Anatomy, Radiology and Surgery. 2019, Apr, Vol-8(2): AC01-AC02.
9. Kumaresan Munusamy, Sangeetha Achuthan, Zareena Begum Miyagan, Sankaran Ponnusamy Kasirajan. Analysis of intrarenal arterial pattern of middle segmental artery in kidney donors using 64-slice computed tomography angiography. Drug Invention Today | Vol 11, Issue 2, 2019, 591.
10. Siva Thirusangu, Girija Sivakumar, Sankaran Ponnusamy Kasirajan, Yuvaraj Maria Francis. Vitamin E and C protects the liver from diclofenac‑induced histopathological changes and oxidative damage in experimental animals. Drug Invention Today | Vol 12, Issue 3, 2019, 434
11. A Brite Saghaya Rayna , Yuvaraj Maria Francis , Sujatha B Baskaran , Priyadarshini Gouthaman , Zareena Begum , Karthikeyan Guruswami , PK Sankaran , Gunapriya Raghunath. Morphometric Study of Proximal and Distal End of Radius and its Clinical Significance. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Sep, Vol-12(9): AC09-AC12.
12. P. K. Sankaran* , Gunapriya Raghunath, Rohini Arathala, Karthikeyan, Menaka, Madhumitha, M. Yuvaraj and M. Kumaresan MORPHOLOGICAL STUDY OF MIDDLE CRANIAL FOSSA AND ITS VARIATIONS. IJPSR, 2018; Vol. 9(2): 693-701.
13. Maria Francis Yuvaraj , Anna Priyadarshini Sanjana Rajkumar , Ponuswamy Kasiragan Sankaran, Ossified Sacrotuberous Ligament and its Clinical Significance: A Case Report Int J Pediatr, Vol.1(6), 2018: 6981-6985
14. Priya Damodaran , Yuvaraj.M , Priyadarshini.A , Sankaran.P.K, Kalaiarasi.P, Madhu Radhakrishnan. Morphometric analysis of sella turcica and its clinical significance. Int J Dent Health Sci 2017; 4(1):77-84
15. Ms monica gopalakrishnan, Dr P K Sankaran, dr gunapriya raghunath, mr sachin sagar, mr adapa venkata krishna reddy and ms bindhu charles s. Jejuno-jejunal intussusception – a cadaveric case report Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2017 Jan ; 8(1): (B) 118 – 120
16. Yuvaraj Maria Francis , Sankaran Ponusamy Kasiragan , Priyadarshini A , Zareena Begum , Kumaresan Munusamy Fetus in Fetu: A Rare Case Report and its Embryo-Pathogenesis Int J Pediatr, Vol.5, N.4, Serial No.40, Apr. 2017
17. Maria Francis Yuvaraj , Ponuswamy Kasirajan Sankaran , Gunapriya Raghunath , Zareena Begum, Kumaresan . Thanatophoric Dysplasia; a Rare Case Report on a Congenital Anomaly Int J Pediatr, Vol.5, N.1, Serial No.37, Jan. 2017
18. P. K. Sankaran *, R. Gunapriya, M. Kumaresan and G. Karthikeyan Localization of connexin 36 and calcitonin gene related peptide as a determinant of neuropathic pain in the trigeminal ganglion IJPSR, 2017; Vol. 8(9): 1000-05.
19. Priyadarshini Gouthaman, Maria Francis Yuvaraj, Rahul Dev, Ponnusamy Kasirajan Sankaran. Zareena Begum, M, Kumaresan M, Gunapriya Raghunath, Morphological & Morphometrical Study Of Coronoid Process In Human Mandibles IJPSR September, 2017vol. 8, Issue 9.
20. Karthikeyan. G, Sankaran P k, Kumaresan M, Zareena begum, Yuvaraj M localization of gap junction and neuropeptide as a determinant of neuropathic painindian journal of clinical anatomy and physiology, april-june 2017;4(2):70-71.
21. Deepak Sundaram , Ponnusamy Kasirajan Sankaran , Gunapriya Raghunath , Vijayalakshmi S , Vijaya kumar J , Maria Francis Yuvaraj, Munnusamy Kumaresan , Zareena begum Correlation of Prostate Gland Size and Uroflowmetry in Patients with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2017 May, Vol-11(5): AC01-AC04
22. Yuvaraj.M, Pushkaran.J ,Sankaran P k, Priyadarshini And Gunapriya raghunath1 A Morphometric study on different shapes of Pterion And its clinical significance int j pharm bio sci 2017 apr ; 8(2): (b) 999-
23. Mukesh kumar, Sankaran P k,Yuvaraj M,Gunapriya R and Zareena begum, Morphological study of styloid process and its variations in human skull int j pharm bio sci 2017 july; 8(3): (b) 87 – 90
24. Dr Deepak S, Dr Sankaran p k, Dr Gunapriya r, Dr Vijayalakshmi, Dr Vijayakumar and Mr Yuvaraj M A clinical comparision of uroflow- dynamics in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms and their prostate size using sonography. Int j pharma bio sci 2017 july; 8(3): (b) 77 -81.
25. Sudakshina Chakrabrati, Shilpakala L. B, Gunapriya Raghunath, P. K. Sankaran Teaching and learning perception of anatomy by first MBBS (2014-15) batch students, Indian Journal of Clinical Anatomy and Physiology, January-March, 2017;4(1):87-91.
26. Rohini Arathala , P.K. Sankaran , Gunapriya Ragunath, Soma Sri Harsha , Tharani Sree Suguma. The Extensor Indicis Brevis – A Rare Variation and Its Significance. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Feb, Vol-10(2): AD03-AD04.
27. Kumaresan. M*, Sankaran. PK, Gunapriya .R, Karthikeyan. G, Priyadarshini. A. MORPHOMETRIC STUDY OF RENAL VEIN AND ITS VARIATIONS USING CT . Indian Journal of Medical Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences November 2016;3(11)
28. P.K.Sankaran,G.Karthikeyan,M.Kumaresan, morphometric study of renal artery and its variations in level of origin.national journal of clinical anatomy volume-511-142:2016.
29. Sankaran PK, Jeevapriya t, Vinay Jadhav expression of calcitonin gene related peptide (cgrp) in small neurons of Trigeminal ganglion and its implications in migraineint j pharm bio sci 2016 april; 7(2)
30. Kumaresan Munusamy, Sankaran Ponnusamy Kasirajan, Karthikeyan Gurusamy, Gunapriya Raghunath, Shilpakala Leshappa Bolshetty, Sudakshina Chakrabarti, Priyadarshini.A, Zareena Begum, Variations in Branching Pattern of Renal Artery in Kidney Donors Using CtAngiography Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Mar, Vol-10(3): AC01-AC03.
31. Sankaran PK, Sivanandan Ramar. Salameh bweir al dajah, Morphological study of nociceptive neurons in the trigeminal ganglion international journal of health and rehabilitation sciences 2016, volume 5 issue 1.
32. P.K. Sankaran, M.Kumaresan, G. Karthikeyan, Yuvaraj M. Expression of Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP) in the Trigeminal Ganglion of Male Wistar Rats, Indian Journal of Clinical Anatomy and Physiology 2015;2(3):145-147.
33. Jeeva Priya T, Vidyasankar, Sankaran PK, Kishor Kumar C, Effects of alcohol on micronucleus in human exfoliated buccal cells. IAIM, 2015; 2(8): 55-58.
34. Sivanandan Ramar, Sankaran Ponnusamy, Salameh al dajah, importance of seratonin gene related peptide (sgrp) in migraine, international journal of health and rehabilitation sciences 2015 volume 4 issue 4.
35. Ashrof Raja A, Sankaran P. K., Sivanandan. R and S P Kapure, Comparative study of intravenous iron-sucrose and oral iron therapy in iron deficiency anaemia during pregnancy. The Health Agenda, 2014 Oct Volume 2. Issue 4.
36. Sankaran PK, Gunapriya Raghunath, Parimelazhagan MA, Sathyan R – Superficial radial artery – A rare variation and its clinical significance, National Journal of Clinical Anatomy, October 2014, Volume 3, (4), indexed
37. Sankaran P. K and Sivanandan.R. Expression of connexin 43 gap junction in the trigeminal ganglion in male wister albino rat. Recent Research in Science and Technology 2012, 4(6): 21-24
38. P.K. Sankaran , Sivanandan. R and Saikarthik. J. Histomorphometric study of neurons in the trigeminal ganglia in male wistar albino rats. Recent Research in Science and Technology 2012, 4(6): 28-31.
39. Sankaran PK, Gunapriya Raghunath, Parimelazhagan Sathyan R. Superficial radial artery- a rare variation and its clinical significance.NCJA 2014; 3(4): 225-228
40. Vinoth S, Sankaran PK, Jeeva priya T, Sivanandan R, Annular pancreas – A rare variation and its clinical significance. The Health Agenda, Volume 3. Issue 3. July, 2015