Highlights of the Department:
The department of paediatric surgery started in August 2021.
Mission: “Heal Gently, Teach Intently”
- To ensure that every child has access to the best surgical treatment in a compassionate, kid-friendly, stress-free atmosphere at minimum cost to family
- To ensure that students training is scientific, ethical and patient centred
The goals of the department are:
- To offer state-of-the-art comprehensive care to neonates, children and adolescents with surgical problems involving any organ system, keeping in mind the unique physiological and emotional needs of these patients.
- To establish an advanced centre for holistic management of children with incontinence.
- To have an adolescent and transition care unit to address the unique issues in teenagers with surgical conditions and also help children with congenital anomalies transition into adult care.
- To focus on training residents to be competent in handling the entire spectrum of pediatric surgical disorders.
- To get quality research work output from the department.
The scope of work:
Includes general paediatric surgical procedures, specialized services like Neonatal surgery, Paediatric Urology (including all urinary tract and genital surgeries), Thoracic surgery (airway and lung and mediastinal lesions), Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgery, Neurosurgery (spina bifida, tethered cord, hydrocephalus), Minimal Access Surgery (laparoscopy / thoracoscopy) and Endoscopy (Bronchoscopy, Esophagoscopy and Cystoscopy) in children up to the age of 18 years.