The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at AIIMS, Mangalagiri was established in the year 2019. The department is driven by the mission to provide state of the art, affordable and holistic healthcare to all women beyond barriers and to excel in medical education and research.
|Patient care Services
||Time line of starting services
||Services currently Offered
Daily OPD census: 130-140/day
||· Antenatal and general gynecology services
· PAP smear screening for cervical cancer and screening other gynecological cancers
· Infertility evaluation and management services
· Family planning counseling and services
· Special clinics
· Point of care Ultrasound (POCUS) with adherence to PCPNDT guidelines
· Minor OPD procedures
- Obstetrics and gynecology inpatient services for patients who need In-patient care
- Labour and delivery services
- Major and Minor Gynecological Surgeries
- MTP and Family Planning services
- Emergency and Day care services
· The Dept. is registered under PCPNDT and MTP act
|OPD Procedure room services
4-5 minor procedures/day
- Colposcopy services
- Cryotherapy treatment of cervix
- Endometrial sampling, cervical biopsy, Fractional Curettage, Polypectomy
- Mirena and IUCD insertion
Major cases: 5/week
Minor cases: 15/ week
||· All minor procedures and Major surgeries including Staging Laparotomy, exploratory laparotomy, Abdominal and vaginal Hysterectomy, Ward-Mayo, Manchester surgery, LEEP, female sterilization, MTPs, Emergency and Day care procedures are being performed
- Infertility clinic Wed 2-4 PM
- Adolescent Gynecology clinic Wed 2-4 PM
- Postpartum and Family planning clinic Wed 2-4 PM
- Gynaecologic oncology clinic Thur 2-4 PM
- Menopausal clinic Thur 2-4 PM
|Labour, delivery and emergency services
||· Normal vaginal deliveries
· Instrumental deliveries including low forceps and vacuum assisted vaginal deliveries
· Elective and emergency cesarean sections
The Department expects to add few more services such as hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) services very soon.
Future plans: The Department has plans to start and develop the various other sub-specialty clinics like Fetal medicine, Reproductive Medicine, Gynec. Oncology, and urogynecology in a phased manner in the coming years.
- In addition to catering to the patient care services, faculty members in the Dept. are dynamically involved in teaching and training of undergraduate medical students from 3rd semester to 9th The Department will start PG training program very soon.
- Faculty are involved in conducting innovative and interactive teaching learning sessions for undergraduate students in the form of students seminars, Quiz, integrated teaching, bedside teaching, tutorials, simulation, skill training using various manikins and models to engage students actively and to make the students competency based learners.
- Faculty are encouraged to attend various conferences, CMEs, webinars and panel discussions.
- Undergraduate students are encouraged to participate in poster preparation, Quiz competition and health talks as a part of Dept. co-curricular activities such as Gynecological cancer awareness month, menstrual hygiene programs etc.,
- The department is involved in conducting quality research activities in collaboration with other Departments. The Dept. faculty are involved as PI or Co-PI in many research projects . Undergraduate students are encouraged to do Short Term ICMR Research Studentship (STS) projects.
No. of completed research projects: 4
No. of ongoing research projects: 10
No. of STS ICMR projects (completed: 2; ongoing: 2)
No. of publication in National and international journals: 36 (2019-2021)
- The Dept. is equipped with state of the art USG machines, colposcopes, cryotherapy unit, ESU with vessel sealer, electrocautery unit, LEEP, CTG machines, infusion pumps, electrical operated delivery beds, electrohydraulic OT tables, various sets such as Cesearean, instrumental and vaginal Delivery, D& C, sterilization, HSG, hysterectomy, laparotomy , microsurgical instrument sets, monitors and MTP suction machines for providing patient care services.
- The Dept. has a library and a dedicated simulation and skill lab for undergraduate teaching -learning activities.