Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology got established in July 2019. At present the department is in its developing stage and faculties are involved in creating a conducive environment for teaching under graduate MBBS students, setting up a modernized mortuary and clinical forensic medicine unit. The knowledge of forensic medicine not only helps to aid in justice as a duty to the state, but also teaches the basic legal knowledge any medical practitioner should have in his/her medical practice.
Vision for Future
- Medico legal autopsies.
- Medico legal services: Age estimation, Medical examination of accused & victims of various crimes, Injury reporting, Poisoning cases etc.,
- One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC) for survivors of sexual offence.
- Toxicology laboratory and Poison Information Centre.
- Forensic Anthropology laboratory.
- Histopathology laboratory.
- State of Art Virtual autopsy centre.
- Training & Orientation centre for Doctors, Police and Judiciary.
- To undertake research project of practical implications.
- To make medical students obtain knowledge in relation to the intricacies of medical ethics, medical practice and medical negligence.
- To groom doctors well-versed with medico-legal responsibilities.
- To create interest regarding research in relation to various medico- legal problems.